Massage Insurance

Insurance For Medical Massage

We accept PIP and L&I claims.

1)  Prior to making an appointment for medical massage, please call the spa at (360)-322-8549 to verify your benefits.  Please be sure to have the following information to confirm your benefits:

  • Your Legal Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Name, Address and Telephone Number of Your Insurance Carrier
  • Claim Number

We need to confirm your benefits in advance to ensure that your insurance company will cover your treatments. There are no exceptions to this policy.

2)  We must have a current prescription/written referral for Massage Therapy on file for you.

Please provide a prescription or written referral for massage therapy from your doctor, chiropractor or other medical professional licensed by the State of Washington to diagnose physical ailments. Your prescription must be on file before your treatment begins. We are happy to bill your insurance for the number of massages that your prescription specifies.

If you do not provide us with a valid prescription at your first visit, you may be responsible for the entire cost of the visit if your insurance carrier does not pay us.

Some insurance policies do not require a prescription. However, in order to bill your insurance company, we must have diagnosis code(s), which are on the prescription/referral.

Information required on prescriptions/referrals:

  • Date Issued
  • Diagnosis and ICD-10 code(s)
  • Number of massages prescribed and duration ( i.e., 6 visits at 1 visit per week)
  • Provider name and physical/electronic signature

Please arrive at least 15 minutes early for your first visit to complete the needed insurance paperwork. You will need to do so even if you have been to the clinic previously as a cash client.

3)  What to bring with you. 

  • Driver’s License
  • Prescription/Written Referral

You can expect a thorough intake session with your massage therapist before your massage treatment begins; together you will formulate a treatment plan that follows your provider’s referral.

More Information On Insurance

Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Automobile Insurance Claims

If you own a car and have car insurance, you may have Personal Injury Protection coverage, also known as “PIP” coverage (unless you waived this provision on your policy).

If you have an accident, and you have PIP, normally your auto insurance company will cover your medical expenses whether it is your fault or not. You will need a prescription from your doctor, a claim number, the date the accident occurred, and the name and telephone number of the insurance adjuster from your personal auto insurance company.

Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) Claims

If you are injured on the job, you are entitled to medical coverage from your employer. You must first fill out forms at work, go to a doctor for treatment, receive a claim number, notify Washington State Department of Labor and Industries, and get a prescription from your primary care physician stating your diagnosis and length of time required for treatment. If your doctor is unsure how long it will take, a good measure is to request 6 massages and reevaluate.

If you have questions about your medical massage benefits,
please call (360)-322-8549

Book Your Stanwood Massage

Call (360)-322-8549 to verify your insurance benfits.

24-Hour Online Massage Booking Available!